Monday, January 7, 2013

Silliness - Abby

This has been a rough week for Nina and me - it's an eight day week for one thing, and our kids are in review mode for finals.  We had three days off for new years, and to make up for these days off had to work this past weekend, so Friday-Friday straight we have four periods a day with these kids who are bouncing off the walls, desperate to take their finals and be on break already.  I've been meaning to post for so long, so I'm going to take this chance to post some silly highlights (ok, mostly just adorable school supplies) from this past semester to cheer us up.  Readers: please leave me your favorite youtube animal videos in a comment in the end.




notebook belonging to a summer school student/ bon iver enthusiast

popular school supply brand

official gym teacher textbook

it just looks so intimidating

my pen




who doesn't love lattice?


this is a deep one


impossible to not read this in a yoda voice

My number one fave notebook I've come across in China, which as you can see is saying a lot.
second fave

I wrote my own dialogue for this lesson because I couldn't bring myself to teach them this.

hipster page in the 3rd grade science textbook

??

soap dish that came with our apartment


Xi'an is FULL of fake apple stores
many of which look frighteningly real inside

we hate persimmons almost as much as people love giving us persimmons.  The man who gave us these told us they would go bad within two days and we should eat them all immediately.  I'm so glad persimmon season is over.


3rd grade English textbook - semester one review dialogue

random book in our school library

chritmas here was just a bit off

 
why is this a thing



a very misleading slogan.  After taking this picture I got yelled at for taking pictures in the supermarket which is not allowed.  Nina writes her shopping lists in a notebook, and I'm pretty sure we were mistaken for some kind of health inspector because a manager followed us around the store for a little bit pointing out how clean everything was and how fresh the eggs were.

cute post-its
To prepare for this week, Nina and I bought an insane amount of instant mashed potatoes.
and I bought a muff shaped like a monkey with a banana peel on his head, just because

 Wish us and the kids luck! 

4 comments:

  1. I love your photos Abby - especially the stapler.
    Here's my new favorite:http://imgur.com/r/aww/zUO8h

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this: http://www.desiretoinspire.net/blog/2013/1/7/mondays-pets-on-furniture-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god the little panda!

    I had some a little girl and boy markers earlier this year, but they are vastly inferior to the other leading brand of markers, melon boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh Abby that's hysterical. China is like out of a cartoon

    Here is


    http://www.boredpanda.com/cute-baby-animals/

    ReplyDelete