Saturday, August 4, 2012

More pictures --Nina

Here are some more pictures of my class! Whenever I say "we," I'm referring to me and my co-teacher, Yongyi. We actually never teach together at the same time, but we share the same students, so we collaborated on the room decorations. However, all of these pictures are of things that I personally made.

This is our class tracking system. Every student is in a group that has a different final country destination. As they behave well in class, their plane gets to fly around the world. Also, those are our homework (arrivals) and exit ticket (departures) collection boxes and our teacher mailboxes, if students want to tell us anything.
Close-up of my map and planes. I spent a very very long time making this. Yes, the Middle East is a bit uh...squished. But, I tried my best!
My students' pictures of their family members and their English descriptions of them.
Close-up of Marisa's picture of her sister. It saddens me that my students can draw better than I can.
This is our "Great Wall of Words" (see what we did there?). The alphabet goes along the whole wall, with all of our vocab words sorted under the appropriate letters. As you can see, only yellow and green paper seems to be widely available in Lincang.
June is the most smiley and peppy student in my class. She wants to be a stewardess and fly around the world, which is actually a very highly regarded job in China (think of America in the 60s). You need to speak English to be a stewardess, so she's pretty excited about our class.
So, that all looks like a happy, normal classroom, just like the ones I've grown up with in America! BUT....


There are dead mice in the hallway!
AND...


This is the view from our window! The yak herds go by a few times a day.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD ANOTHER JUNE THAT WANTS TO BE A STEWARDESS
    THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY
    :D

    ReplyDelete