Thursday, August 2, 2012

My class! --Nina

Hello! I'm sorry again for the delay! This time I have some good excuses. (Like, for some reason all of my old blog posts are disappearing, which makes me wary of posting more. And, the internet is so slow that it takes 5 minutes to upload a single picture.) I was hoping to make this a post full of pictures of my cute students and my classroom with its beautiful decorations. Unfortunately, I could only upload two pictures for now. I'll try again this weekend. Hopefully the internet will be stronger.

Tony! He looks so cute, but he wants to be a sniper when he grows up.
Zina has very cool glasses.

All is well here in Lincang! My students are very sweet! (Even George, the trouble maker who tried to beat up Tony on Tuesday.) We had an optional singing class on Saturday, and most of the class came! I tried to teach them good American songs, like Jackson 5's ABC, but unfortunately, they only know and love Justin Bieber. So, we got to sing "Baby, baby" for an hour. It was quite adorable. I had a great birthday yesterday, despite being incredibly busy with lesson planning and preparing for class. 9 friends and I went out to dinner at a delicious Muslim restaurant that serves latkes, George (the troubled student) adorably wished me a happy birthday when I ran into him on the street, and my wonderful co-teacher, Yongyi, gave me a pretty key chain/charm. (I also received a friendship bracelet from another fellow, and a sweet card from my roommates.) Hopefully I will be able to post more pictures this weekend! Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment