Thursday, August 16, 2012

72 hours in planes and airports, all in 1 weekend! --Nina

Abby and I are currently in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), staying with Cam's family. We are having a wonderful time, and Cam and her parents are great hosts. In the next week, Abby and I promise to post pictures of the sights and food from our trip! But, I wanted to share pictures from my last days in Lincang and my voyage to America and back last weekend for my sister's wedding. Here are some of my students and me on my last day. I received lots of adorable presents, like bracelets and pens, and many pictures were taken. On their last day of class, my students took their final exam. I'm still waiting to hear about how well they did from Yongyi, who very generously graded the tests after I left a little early. Hopefully we improved the class average from a 40% on their diagnostic to at least passing! 

Christina, Emily, me, Cadence, Marisa, Emma, Marisa's sister, and Lizzy on my last day
Timothy, George, me, Lucy, Stacy, Yongyi (my coteacher), and Crystal
Me and Yongyi! She'll be teaching in Yunnan province, near where we trained this summer, for the year.
This is where my first 36 hour journey home began:
This is what I found when I arrived at the Lincang airport, ready to begin my voyage home for the wedding. If you get to the airport more than 2 hours before your flight, it isn't open yet! There are only two flights a day, and they're trying to save money. So, the waiting room is outside.
Once you're allowed inside, the Lincang airport has pretty views!
In rural China, it is okay to bring a tree as carry-on luggage.
Then I was home for three days!
Elise (the bride/my sister) and my bouquet from the wedding! (hers left, mine right) There are of course many many more pictures from the wedding. It was beautiful, but I would have to devote several entries to it to do it justice.And...back on planes for another 36 hours:
The stewardesses on Singapore Airlines have beautiful outfits!
The Singapore airport has Koi ponds surrounded by orchids.
Look forward to pictures of Vietnam and its food!

1 comment: